Confessions of a Movie Slut Part Deux

ruminations of one diana, a journalist and cadet reporter obssessed over all things celluloid. a po-mo culturalist who has recently rediscovered her love for writing fiction, she hopes to meet life head-on with less fear and more gusto. these are her confessions.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus.

am looking forward to this. very much.



about the life and times of diane arbus- revered 20th-century american photographer who makes it her mission... and passion... to capture the people living at the margins of society, and the peripheries of life.

i love the intrigue of her work. the subject matter. the perspective. the depth and dimensions of space. hope the movie's just as brilliant.

"a photograph is a secret about a secret. the more it tells you, the less you know."

- diane arbus

3 Comments:

Blogger En_Route said...

DIBS!!!!

Gosh I miss u loads!! I'll be free in dec. Finishing up teaching and all. No shows til jan whereby I'll be playing a man in this new show. Not going to Brissie anymore, didn't get in. Staying here and going back to lasalle. Oh well, God must have a reason for making me stay here i guess. Come home soon.

JO

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooo! Photography! I would so LURVE to watch this! did I tell you my camera DIED on me? ahhhhh-!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

jo- miss u heaps too, jo. i'll be around in jan this time! am wrapping up my time in oz and returning home for good. so hopefully i get to see your show. man, u and me have loads to talk about huh. *hug* thanks for dropping by.

jia- no u didn't... guess it's a great excuse (read: valid) to buy a new one eh ;)

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home